I have a feeling this is going to be the year for amazing and fun new salad ideas. As you can see, I’ve already started and this tasty little salad is going to rock your world. Not only is it pretty with all the great color, It is high on the taste hit parade as well. Feel free to change up the cheese to Ricotta Salata or anything you feel would suit your taste buds. Let me know what you’ve tried, I am always interested in new ideas.
1/2 pound seedless watermelon, rind removed
1/2 pound peaches, cut in quarters and pitted
3/4 pound heirloom tomatoes (about two large tomatoes)
3 ounces feta cheese
1 sprig fresh tarragon leaves
1 tbsp champagne vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cut the watermelon into large, imperfect chunks
2. Cut the peaches in quarters and discard the pit
3. Lightly grill the watermelon and peaches so they get nice grill marks
4. Put the fruit in a bowl after cooling or arrange them on large platter
5. Slice the heirloom tomatoes into wedges. Combine with the fruit
6. Crumble feta over the watermelon, peach and tomato mixture
1. In a blender add the tarragon, vinegar, oil, sugar and salt and pepper to taste, pulse till combined.>
2. Dress salad lightly to your taste. Serve away!!!!!
Enjoy this new fun salad
for the Summer of 2013!